Back in 2007 when we were undertaking initial research to set up STREAT we stumbled upon a number of amazing social enterprise ‘failure’ case studies commissioned by REDF in San Francisco. These case studies became invaluable in informing key decisions we made during STREAT’s start-up. They also helped inspire our commitment to fearless knowledge sharing.
Right from the outset we’ve undertaken nearly 100 research projects with a host of universities, students and organisations. These projects have ranged from undergrad student projects to PhDs to large, multi-year ARC-funded research projects with teams of academics. We’ve also shared our stories and learnings in talks and podcasts, a bunch of them being included here too.
We hope the sharing of this knowledge might help with your own impact work.
Applied research we’ve been involved in, mostly with major universities.
- STREAT Enterprises Ltd – A Case Study with Swimburne Uni,
- What the hell happened to STREAT Enterprises (and other key questions you might be wondering about STREAT’s impact investments)?
Streat’s story so far
A shared meal brings people together, to connect and to drive a sense of belonging. STREAT so far has been a decade of deep breaths and big decisions: “It’s undoubtedly the bravest and craziest thing we’ve done to date,” Rebecca Scott and Kate Barrelle, Co-Founders of STREAT.
Read the story of STREAT, including how to build a youth training academy to change the life of some extraordinary young people in Victoria, in our latest book, The Greater Hunger – a decade of sharing stories and meals.
talks & podcasts
- TEDx talk: Bec Scott – Sustainable coffee, sustainable dollars, sustainable lives
- Podcast: How I Did It: With David Knowles – What does it take to be a successful social entrepreneur and a pioneer in the field of impact investing?
- Podcast: Deep in the Weeds – A Food Podcast with Anthony Huckstep – Rebecca Scott (STREAT Cafe) – STREATwise
- Podcast: Westpac Wire – Social entrepreneur Rebecca Scott discusses the ideas of a new taskforce convened by the City of Melbourne with a remit to “Bring Melbourne Back Better” post-pandemic.
- Podcast: Impact Boom – Social Enterprise & Design – Rebecca Scott OAM of STREAT discusses her perspective on the current Australian social enterprise sector and scaling sustainable businesses through cohesion amongst the impact sector.